Leveraging a pixel in part with your social campaigns can lead to over 3x return on your ad spend! Here are just a few ways the pixel can help improve your Facebook marketing Results.
Use Facebook conversion tracking
The Facebook pixel allows you to see how people interact with your website after viewing your Facebook ad. This includes tracking people across their devices (mobile vs desktop), helping you refine your targeting strategy along the way!
Use Facebook retargeting
The data collected by a pixel allow you to show ads to people who have already interacted with your website! You can get very specific with this data and show ads to people who are already steps closer to your desired action!
Create lookalike audiences
Facebook can use its targeting data to help you build a lookalike audience of people who have similar likes, interests, and demographics to people who are already interacting with your website. This can help expand your potential customer base.
Optimize Facebook ads for conversions
You can use Facebook tracking pixel data to optimize your Facebook ads for specific conversion events on your website. Without a pixel, the only conversion you can optimize for is link clicks. With the pixel, you can optimize for conversions that align more closely with business goals, like purchases and sign-ups.
Possible Standard Pixel Events you are able to leverage based on your business objectives
Below are a list of pixel events that can be used to track conversions, optimize for conversions and build audiences:
- Add Payment Info
- Add to Cart
- Add to Wishlist
- Complete Registration
- Customize Product
- Find Location
- Initiate checkout
- Start Trial
- Submit Application
- View Content
Events to match your business outcomes
To determine which events to track:
- Determine your business goals.
- Consider the path that your customer would take within your website to accomplish these goals.
- Determine the events on your website that correspond to this path.
- Select corresponding standard events that can be used for targeting, optimization, measurement, and insights.
- If you wish to measure across app, web, and offline, try to be consistent with the events select. Use ads reporting to understand the customer journey across channels.