Launching or thinking of launching creator whitelisting using #paid's whitelisting tool?
Here are some tips and best practices we've put together to help guide you in making critical and thoughtful decisions when whitelisting content through a creator's handle with #paid.
1. Make sure the creative from the organic collaboration is suitable for an ad.
When leveraging the creator content, you want to make sure that the assets from the program are optimal for testing through whitelisting. Make sure you brief creators on each content format, and ensure that it will comply with the placement you choose.
📍For example, Instagram stories are a great, but when a creator makes 3 frames of a story that roll over into one 45 second clip - it's likely you'll see lots of drop off, and lower conversions than an Instagram story with one 15-second short and snappy frame.
Carousels are great too! Leverage carousels and have creators post the most natural shot to their organic feed first, and a more product focused shot second. In leveraging the carousel format the consumer organically see's both images, but through whitelisting you now have two unique creative assets to test.
2. Always review and edit copy / captions
After the ad is sent from #paid, it will be coupled with the creator's organic caption. Please ensure to note the following when editing this caption:
- Shortening the caption slightly is okay, but if you change wording or the tone, please ensure to run it by the creator first. You can simply send it over to them via Inbox.
- Make sure to remove #ad or #sponsored. It's important to have legal disclosure organically, but Facebook ads in whitelisting will automatically appear as 'Sponsored'
- Make sure your brand name / handle is tagged properly in the caption. ensure any '@' symbols arent appearing in Facebook placement ad copy, and that the brand is tagged successfully.
3. Optimizations at the Ad Set Level
- Ensure that you are placing ads on both IG & FB to test optimally. #paid recommends splitting placement per ad-set to make performance-based optimizations easier.
- Chose natural places to show your ads including feeds, stories and explore. Creator ads are likely to perform better with a natural placement opposed to right column on marketplace placement.
- With your safe connection to #paid creator's page, you're able to create custom audiences from the engagers of their organic content. Ensure that this audience, or the Look-a-like you create from this audience is large enough to produce strong results.
4. Customizations at the Ad Level
Link & CTA:
Make sure to include a website URL and call to action so the consumer can click out directly to your desired page. You can use a trackable code for this URL just like you did with the organic content.
When tracking, make sure you're capturing events by turning the Facebook Pixel ON.