In this lesson you will learn:
How to build audiences with a creator's Instagram profile engagements
Important information to consider when creating custom and look alike audiences for whitelisting
One of the pros of gaining access to a creator's assets is that you can run paid ads targeting folks who have engaged with the creator's Instagram profile. Follow the steps below to create an Engagement Custom Audience of people who've engaged with the creator's Instagram business profile:
How to Create Custom Audiences
1. Head into your Ads Manager -> Audiences or follow this link: https://business.facebook.com/adsmanager/audiences:
2. In Audiences, select "Create Audience" -> "Custom Audience":
3. While creating the Custom Audience, select the Instagram account source:
4. Select the "Business profile" drop-down and select the business profile whose engagement you want to use to create your audience:
5. Select your audience type:
6. Select the timeframe (everybody that did this activity in the past 30 days):
Note: Anyone new who engages within the time period you choose will be added to the audience. This means that the audience is constantly being refreshed, so you don't need to edit or create a new Engagement Custom Audience for a given business profile unless you want to change the time period or the type of engagement.
7. Name your audience & click create:
Pretty cool, right? 💡 There's more! Follow along to learn how to create a Lookalike audience from this new creator audience.
How to Create Lookalike Audience
1. In the Audience tab, select the creator audience and click the three dots at the top, click "Create Lookalike":
2. Select your Lookalike source (should already be pre-selected):
3. Select your audience range (a 1% lookalike consists of the people who are most similar to your Lookalike Audience source. Increasing the percentage creates a bigger, broader audience):
4. Click create Audience and you're done! ✨ You can add these audiences to a new campaign or directly on the ad set level of an existing campaign:
🔴 Heads up! It may take some time for your audience to populate in Facebook before it's ready for use:
Now, which part of the funnel do we recommend using these audiences? 🤔
First and foremost, we encourage you to layer the creator's audience with other audience segments you may have seen success with in the past.
You can target people who have engaged with the creator's profile OR live in Los Angeles, for example. You could also try something like people who have engaged with the creator's profile AND visited your website. There won't be a ton of overlap there, but that ad will hit home for the few that exist.
We've seen creator audiences perform best in top of the funnel awareness campaigns. We recommend top of the funnel because we have no real way of knowing this person's purchase intent towards your product and/or service. In contrast, a hotter audience like people who have subscribed to your newsletter or viewed products on the website are more likely to convert.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing how these audiences perform for you! 📈